Re: --with-nss-ldap-soname does not allow me to rename the module

Re: --with-nss-ldap-soname does not allow me to rename the module

On 19/01/2015 22:12, Arthur de Jong wrote:
On Mon, 2015-01-19 at 14:43 +0000, Mark R Bannister wrote:
Did you ever test this with another name besides "libnss_ldap"?  Is it
supposed to work?
I did some tests to build it under a different name in the past but it
included quite some manual tweaking in the code. The problem is that all
the symbols are also expected to be exported under a different name.

Attached is a (not very well tested) patch that adds the
--with-module-name option to configure that should allow building the
modules under a different name (in your case --with-module-name=dbis).

Feedback and testing is very welcome.

Thanks,

Brilliant, thanks Arthur, and sorry it's taken a while to get round to testing it, but your patch has worked fine on both OpenSUSE 12.1 and Solaris 11.2.  I've rolled it into DBIS 1.3.0 released today.

Thanks & regards,
Mark.