Re: group query regression?

On Tue, 2016-08-02 at 14:12 +0200, Philippe Serbruyns wrote:
> This is the log you've asked.

Thanks, can you retry with the libldap-2.4-2-dbg package installed?

My guess at this point on what seems to be leading up to the crash:

- set up normal connection, start a search and save the LDAP *ld
  handle so we can iterate over the results
- at some point libldap does a rebind because we used
  ldap_set_rebind_proc() asked it to chase referrals
- this probably results in a different LDAP *ld
- the results are still gathered with the first LDAP *ld which seems
  to work (I think it is also pretty difficult to get the second
  LDAP *ld in scope there)
- some error happens on the second connection (probably the unsupported
  control) and we call ldap_abandon() using the first LDAP *ld (the
  one we were also using to get the results from) and the original
  msgid we got from ldap_search_ext()

Since we are using the msgid and LDAP *ld from the first connection the
principle of least surprise would be that this also would mean we would
need to call ldap_abandon() with those. I would think this is a bug in
OpenLDAP.

Anyway, for completeness, could you also include the exact version
of libldap-2.4-2 (for Ubuntu 16.04 it should probably be 2.4.42+dfsg-
2ubuntu3).

Thanks,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --