Re: Mapping home directory: $uid comes up empty

Re: Mapping home directory: $uid comes up empty

Hi Chris,

What is the LDAP server used as backend for nslcd? It looks like AD for me from the first look. I'm not familiar with AD.
Is there an uid attribute containing username? If it's AD try $sAMAccountName

If you have access to LDAP logs you can easily check what attributes are requested by searches from nslcd. Or you can run nslcd in debug mode - it's there too.

Best,
JJ