[nssldap] nss ldap truncates users after turning on indexing in slapd.conf

[nssldap] nss ldap truncates users after turning on indexing in slapd.conf

Hello,

I have a very strange Problem, we have an ldap server which serves about
1500 users.
I searched the whole web and couldnt find an awnser. ;(
After we had some performance probelms with our ldap directory I added

index objectclass             eq

to our slapd.conf First everything looked fine.

But now getent passwd only returns 1082 users, and when i remove the
entry from slapd conf and restart slapd
i get all 1528 users. Only UIDS from 1010 till 4828 will be returned if
this option is set.

When i access the ldap directory with other tools i can see all users.

My Operating System is Debian Linux
openldap  2.3.30-5
nss ldap   251-7.5

Kind Regards