Re: [nssldap] nss ldap truncates users after turning on indexing in slapd.conf

Christian Ritter writes:
> After we had some performance probelms with our ldap directory I added
>   index objectclass             eq
> to our slapd.conf First everything looked fine.
> But now getent passwd only returns 1082 users, (...)

Stop slapd, run sbin/slapindex, restart slapd.  You need to do this
whenever you edit slapd.conf 'index' lines for an existing database,
since just editing slapd.conf does not build indexes for already
existing data.

--
Regards,
Hallvard