[nssldap] Re: Nested groups

Luke Howard schrieb:
nss_ldap supports nested groups simply by having a group member being a group itself. The group member must be a DN, so the uniqueMember or member attribute would typically used (not memberUid).

This isn't actually specified in RFC 2307.

You also need to have rfc2307bis support enabled in nss_ldap, by putting nss_schema rfc2307bis in ldap.conf.

-- Luke

Hello,

in slapo.conf I have added this line
nss_map_attribute uniqueMember member

and restarted the openldap server

Then I imported this object

dn: cn=atest, ou=groups, dc=sb-brixen,dc=it
gidNumber: 987
member:    cn=informatik, ou=groups, dc=sb-brixen,dc=it
userPassword:: e2NyeXB0fXg=
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupOfNames
objectClass: posixGroup
cn: atest

I restarted ncsd to

The user amoroder ( me ) is member of the group informatik ( and other groups )

now I tried with  "id amoroder"
I get as result all the groups I am mmebr of, but not the group atest(987).

What is wrong here. Are my assumptions wrong that amoroder should also become member of the group at because "informatik" is member of atest ?

Thanks
Andreas