Re: [nssldap] No timeout for nss_ldap?

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
Arthur de Jong skrev, on 03-01-2008 17:26:

I'm now trying gradually to put nss-ldapd in place instead of Red
Hat's $DEITY-awful nss_ldap, but it seems it has a bug with large
Posix groups at the moment (our largest has about 900+ memberUids).

This is a known problem with nss-ldapd 0.5 and is fixed (partially) in
svn.

I (as Red Hat person) snooped on the Debian bug DB and saw your exchange with UIO's Petter Reinholdtsen (whom I knew earlier from Norwegian things). So I got interested and followed the debug thread about this issue, which ended unresolved this morning and my ensuing post to this list.

The attached patch against 0.5 should solve this issue and is
tested with groups with up to 1000 members.

We'll apply it and then go and eat, and sleep. Tomorrow is another day ;)

Best,

--Tonni

Having just r4ead through the nss_ldap code on this subject it would seem that the 'hard_init' and 'hard_open' facilities have never been implemented!

I am looking at fixing this now and providing some time outs on the soft path as well. Will keep you informed.