Re: [nssldap] No timeout for nss_ldap?

Thomas Kirchtag skrev, on 03-01-2008 09:02:

What I don't understand is wha bind_timeout is ignored the way it appears... wouldn't it be preferable to have libnss_ldap retry for a couple of seconds, fall back to secondary and ternary servers and than act as if the policy were set to soft? I don't have a secondary yet (having some problems with replicating userPassword attributes there) but I do intend to setup redundancy and would like a simple, "automatic" failover?
Does this work as intended or is this an open issue with libnss_ldap?

You might like to look at Arthur de Jong's nss-ldap:
http://ch.tudelft.nl/~arthur/nss-ldapd/

Read especially the design doc.

--Tonni

--