RE: [nssldap] pam_ldap and nss_ldap can't connect to LDAP server(s)

RE: [nssldap] pam_ldap and nss_ldap can't connect to LDAP server(s)

Thanks Guillaume, it's been very helpful.

- added debug 1 to /etc/ldap.conf will see what additional reporting I get
- the AD does not respond to SSL on port 636, I'll try forcing TLS on port 389,
but as ldapsearch works without them (i.e. once bound, it searches fine
unencrypted) I don't think that's the issue. Have set 'tls_checkpeer no' to no
effect.
- Currently negoitating with the admin for the directory servers to check their
logs.
- base for searches is set, I must have deleted it and not put in a mangled
replacement before posting to the list. it's of the form "base
dc=our,dc=long,dc=domain,dc=co,dc=nz"

regards,

Aaron

Warning:  This electronic message together with any attachments is
confidential. If you receive it in error: (i) you must not read, use, disclose,
copy or retain it; (ii) please contact the sender immediately by reply email
and then delete the emails.
The views expressed in this email may not be those of Landcare Research New
Zealand Limited. http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz