Re: [nssldap] nss_ldap, tls_key, and nscd

Re: [nssldap] nss_ldap, tls_key, and nscd

Chris Adams a écrit :
I dug into this some, and it appears that nscd (at least on Linux with
glibc) doesn't handle getXXent calls, so they are handled directly in
the calling process (as if nscd was not running).  Since I set up my TLS
key to be only readable by root and the nscd user, normal users can't
connect to the LDAP server.
It seems a bit overkill for me to also us a certificate on client side. Especially as nss only deals with public informations generally... Do you really fear someone on your network stealing uid/login mappings ?

--
BOFH excuse #354:

Chewing gum on /dev/sd3c