[nssldap] Re: Re: disconnected nss_ldap

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 22:40 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> OpenLDAP is probably the least bloated solution you'll find.

Probably so.  Probably just a prejudice, with it being a "database"
server that it will become a big footprint.

Maybe just seeing it's footprint on my server (where it's serving up a
smallish NSS data set) is skewing my opinion:

30999 openldap  20   0 98.6m 5796 2676 S    0  0.9  18:26.51 slapd

> I have it running
> on my G1 phone, the process size is only 1.5MB.

I wonder how big it would be on my laptop, with an empty database.

> See how big all those other
> solutions are when configured as well as possible, that still don't solve the
> actual problem. Plus it's remotely configurable, which makes it far more
> manageable than any other approach...

All good points.

b.