RE: [nssldap] Solaris 10 update 5 - nss_ldap makes nscd dump core

RE: [nssldap] Solaris 10 update 5 - nss_ldap makes nscd dump core

Thomas et al,

making progress. We can now get the library to run under Solaris 10u8. We had
to add a 'trick' to the exports.solaris to get the code to dynamic load. The
interface gss_krb5_ccache_name is implemented inside the mech_krb5 library on
Solaris 10 (and is marked as private to the library despite being a global
symbol) so we added the line

                gss_krb5_ccache_name = FUNCTION FILTER
/usr/lib/gss/mech_krb5.so.1;

in the local section of the mapfile. The full path was necessary as the
mech_krb5.so.1 file was not in the search path at link time.

The code now runs and it producing results. 'Getent passwd' works so long as
nscd is not running. If nscd is started then 'getent passwd username' works but
'getent passwd' does not. Anybody seen anything like this and can point me at
what the Solaris NSCD is doing. Note we have set the ldap cache to be a fake
service so that may be throwing nscd.

Howard.

Coherent Technology Limited, 23 Northampton Square, Finsbury, London EC1V 0HL,
United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 20 3355 6467 Mobile: +44 7980 639379
Company Email: coherent@cohtech.com Website: http://www.cohtech.com
<http://www.cohtech.com/>