Re: [nssldap] Solaris 10 update 5 - nss_ldap makes nscd dump core

Re: [nssldap] Solaris 10 update 5 - nss_ldap makes nscd dump core

Howard,

> making progress. We can now get the library to run under Solaris 10u8.
> We had to add a 'trick' to the exports.solaris to get the code to
> dynamic load. The interface gss_krb5_ccache_name is implemented inside
> the mech_krb5 library on Solaris 10 (and is marked as private to the
> library despite being a global symbol) so we added the line

> gss_krb5_ccache_name = FUNCTION FILTER /usr/lib/gss/mech_krb5.so.1;

that means you manged to build a working nss_ldap without any third
party libaries? Could you please share your patches and the build
script, I would love reproduce that result.

> The code now runs and it producing results. 'Getent passwd' works so
> long as nscd is not running. If nscd is started then 'getent passwd
> username' works but 'getent passwd' does not. Anybody seen anything
> like this and can point me at what the Solaris NSCD is doing. Note we
> have set the ldap cache to be a fake service so that may be throwing
> nscd.

I assume that a function from nss_ldap is missing or implemented in a
way that is incomptaible with nscd. It might be possible to configure
the native Solaris 10 interface and use valgrind, single stepping or
carefully created breakpoints to get a call graph including fucntion
arguments and return values. After that someone could compare that with
what nss_ldap is doing differently. Another way would be stub library
loaded between nscd and the native ldap library (I think the last one
would be the easies to accomplish).

        Thomas