Re: [CSV format] output secret in base32 instead of HEX

On Wed, 2017-09-20 at 15:28 +0000, Vibert, Florent wrote:
> So we reworked the .csv file more or less manually but at the end of
> the day it would be more efficient to have It directly from the tool
> with a new command line parameter
> like   -- secretformat
>    hex        : current format
>    base32 : for base32 RFC3548 format  (For base32  I used python
> base64.b32encode function  to get what I wanted)
>    base64 : for base64 RFC3548 format
>
> Do you think this is something you could integrate in next version ?

Hi Florent,

Thanks for your email. The pskc2csv script started as a little bit of a
quick script to easily output the secrets from a PSKC file. Interesting
that it is being used more.

I've just added a --secret-encoding in master in the Git repo that
allows you to specify the output encoding of secrets in the CSV file
(hex, base64 or base32). It currently only affects the output format
and not that of the value of the --secret option.

See
https://arthurdejong.org/git/python-pskc/commit/?id=eef681bfda4692ff5b232d319773482196a5a7ec

This option will be available in the next release. If you have any more
suggestions for improvements, please let me know.

Kind regards,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - https://arthurdejong.org/ --