Re: Erros Compiling nss-pam-ldapd on Solaris 10/x86

On Sep 25, 2010, at 2:31 AM, Arthur de Jong wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 14:10 -0700, Ted Cheng wrote:
>> Please find the Solaris nss-pam-ldapd code under the following
>> download link:
>>
>> www.symas.com -> click on "Downloads" link -> login -> click on
>> "Unsupported Freeware" -> accept "Symas End User Agreement for
>> Unsupported Freeware" -> click on "nss-pam-ldapd Solaris" to download
>> the code.
>
> From what I read in the terms of service, any content I download I
> cannot redistribute (see sections OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT and
> RESTRICTIONS ON USE). Also, the Symas End User Agreement for Unsupported
> Freeware mentions that the product is licensed under the GPL. In any
> case nss-pam-ldapd is licensed under the LGPL. Also a number of the
> terms of the EUA seem to be LGPL-incompatible.

Our apologies. The nss-pam-ldapd project has our expressed permission to
redistribute the code.

> If you can confirm that the file (nss-pam-ldapd-solaris.tar.gz) is only
> governed by the LGPL I think it should be OK.

The code is derived from PADL and is only governed by LGPL.
At Symas, we trimmed the LDAP-related code in PADL and merged with NSLCD code
in nss-pam-ldapd. We also added Solaris SPARKS support.

> Also, if I add this to nss-pam-ldapd, what copyright statements of yours
> would you like to have added (should it be Ted Cheng or Symas
> Corporation)?

Developed by Ted C. Cheng of Symas Corporation. Copyrights Symas Corporation.