Re: Problem with case filtering in nss-pam-ldapd

Re: Problem with case filtering in nss-pam-ldapd

Hi Arthur,

This was a problem for us as well, so I took your advice and created a patch
against 0.8.6 implementing a new "ignorecase" config option that switches
between doing strcmp and strcasecmp in group, netgroup, passwd, protocols, rpc,
services and shadow maps. It seemed clearest to implement this as a macro, but
maybe there's a better way. :-)

Have a look and let me know if you have questions, suggestions for
changes/improvement, etc.

We also would like the ability for certain values (uid, gid and homeDirectory)
to always be returned as lower-case. For example, we use sAMAccountName as uid,
which in some cases is something like John_A_Smith. We then construct
homeDirectory with "/remote/home/${sAMAccountName}", but the actual remote nfs
directories are lower-case so things don't work quite right. I've hacked our
current nslcd to lower-case any returns of the sAMAccountName attribute in
myldap.c, which works, but isn't very elegant.

I'm thinking that this could be implemented as yet another config file option
(a "set" like ignoreusers) to list which fields should be lower-cased. Actually
implementing this, however, is probably non-trivial. If you have any
suggestions to make this easier, let me know.

Thanks for all your work on this project!

-Matt Dailey