Solaris support (Was: release 0.8.11 of nss-pam-ldapd)

On Sun, 2012-10-14 at 22:42 +0200, Arthur de Jong wrote:
> * improvements and fixes to the Solaris NSS code

Hello list,

I'm a bit stuck with one problem that I have with the NSS code under
Solaris 10. For some reason it doesn't work correctly when using nscd
and I end up breaking nscd in some way.

If I do "getent passwd username", it works as expected and continues to
work, if I then do "getent passwd" (list all users) the output is also
as expected but subsequent "getent passwd username" operations fail to
return any data (unless the data is already in the nscd cache). The
funny thing is that "getent passwd" (all users) remains to work as
expected.

Can anyone reproduce the problem (I have a hacked together virtual
machine for this so that could be the problem) or better yet know how to
fix it?

Any help is welcome!