Re: ldap authentication on alpine

Also i used apk to install it
apk add nss-pam-ldapd

On 19 April 2017 at 14:14, Andre Magri <andremag [at] gmail.com> wrote:
Followed this: https://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/setup

Yes I know the lib is missing, but how do I install it?  I'm using this image alpine-standard-3.5.2-x86_64
I don't even have a /lib/nss folder.

Thanks

On 19 April 2017 at 12:54, Michael Ströder <michael [at] stroeder.com> wrote:
Andre Magri wrote:
> I'm trying to authenticate ssh and sudo with AD on alpine linux.
>
> I followed the documentation

Which docs? Did you compile and install from source?

> with the only difference that /etc/nsswitch.conf did not
> exist on alpine so I created it

I'm really wondering why you had to create this file on your system.

> and am running nslcd in debug mode getting this error:
> nslcd: Warning: NSS_LDAP module not loaded: Error loading shared library
> libnss_ldap.so.2: No such file or directory

I think this message is pretty clear: The file libnss_ldap.so.2 is not installed in the
expected location.

I don't know anything about your Alpine Linux. But on my local x86_64 system all the name
service switch modules (shared libs) are installed as /lib64/libnss*.

Ciao, Michael.