Re: nslcd with sshd question

Hi,
Thank you for your response. Yes, nsswitch.conf actually includes the "ldap" entry, it looks like this:

passwd:         files ldap
group:          files ldap
shadow:         files ldap
hosts:          files dns ldap
networks:       files ldap
protocols:      files ldap
services:       files ldap
ethers:         files ldap
rpc:            files ldap
netmask:        files ldap
netgroup:       files ldap
bootparams:     files ldap
automount:      files ldap
aliases:        files ldap

The LDAP server is reachable, and the password works, because I am able to test the LDAP user with ldapsearch successfully.

At this point, there should be something wrong with ssh specifically I suppose.
Note that I am trying to authenticate without PAM, because I thought nslcd would be able to lookup through local users as well as remote ldap users, or am I wrong? Perhaps the pam_ldap module is mandatory in this case?

Thanks,
Andrea