Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: nslcd with sshd question

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: nslcd with sshd question

If uses local account, there is nothing to do with LDAP at all. It will work
as long as nnswitch.conf :
passwd:     files ldap
shadow:     files ldap
group:      files ldap

Shouben Zhou
Science Systems and Applications Inc.(SSAI)
1 Enterprise Pkwy, Hampton, VA 23666
Tel: (757)951-1905  Fax: (757)951-1900
Email: Shouben.Zhou@nasa.gov

On 1/4/22, 2:06 PM, "nss-pam-ldapd-users on behalf of Tim Rice"
<nss-pam-ldapd-users-bounces+shouben.zhou=nasa.gov@lists.arthurdejong.org on
behalf of tim@multitalents.net> wrote:

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2022, Andrea Sighinolfi wrote:

    > The LDAP server is reachable, and the password works, because I am able to
    > test the LDAP user with ldapsearch successfully.
    >
    > At this point, there should be something wrong with ssh specifically I
    > suppose.
    > Note that I am trying to authenticate without PAM, because I thought nslcd
    > would be able to lookup through local users as well as remote ldap users,
or
    > am I wrong? Perhaps the pam_ldap module is mandatory in this case?

    I doubt without PAM will work.
    Try with PAM.

    --
    Tim Rice                            Multitalents
    tim@multitalents.net