Re: Fwd: [nssldap] nss_ldap by padl on Solaris 10

Re: Fwd: [nssldap] nss_ldap by padl on Solaris 10

6 августа 2008 г. 14:56 пользователь Tim Small <tim [at] buttersideup.com> написал:
Макеев Кирилл wrote:
And in both cases on RHEL and Solaris nothing about nss_ldap logs in slapd log, although nss_ldap on RHEL seems to be working when doing "getent passwd". Even if i use loglevel 1024.

Have you used truss to debug it (with nscd not running)?  Check that it's opening the correct libraries, and making connections to the LDAP servers etc.

Cheers,

Tim.
Thanks for answering,

I've tried it. I'm not very good at system calls. I don't see any serious errors when do "truss getent passwd".
The difference between RHEL and Solaris, when i trace system calls, is that on RHEL after opening nss_ldap it opens a little amount of other libraries, connects to server and all ok. In Solaris, it tries nss_ldap, open it, how i think, without errors, and then goes through a long bunch of other libraries, which don't seemed to be used in RHEL.
here is some output of "grep open outfile"
RHEL:
open("/etc/passwd", ..) = 3       //here it simply takes info from file
open("/etc.ld.so.cache,..) =4
open("/lib/libnss_ldap.so.2",..) = 4
open("/lib/libcom_err.so.2",..) = 4
open("/lib/libdl.so.2",..) = 4
open("/lib/libresolv.so.2", ..) =4
and then goes only files like /etc/ldap.con; /etc/resolv.conf; /etc/host.conf; /etc/hosts;

Solaris:
..
open("/etc/passwd",..) =3
open("/lib/nss_ldap.so.1",..) =3
open("/usr/lib/libproject.so.1",..) =3
open("/lib/libsecdb.so.1",..) =3
open("/lib/libproc.so.1",..) =3
open("/lib/libcmd.so.1",..) =3
open("/lib/librtld_db.so.1",..) =3
open("/lib/libelf.so.1",..) =3
open("/lib/libctf.so.1",..) =3
open("/usr/lib/libpool.so.1",..) =3
open("/usr/lib/libxml2.so.2",..) =3
open("/lib/libscf.so.1",..) =3
open("/lib/libnvpair.so.1",..) =3
open("/usr/lib/libexacct.so.1",..) =3
open("/lib/libpthread.so.1",..) =3
open("/usr/lib/libz.so.1",..) =3
..libs .. libs
open("/usr/lib/libldap.so.5..) = 3    //i dont know whether it openldap lib or not
and so on