Re: [nssldap] Re: how disable shadow map

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> > If not, just remove ldap from the shadow line in /etc/nsswitch.conf .
>
> Ahhh.  If only it were that simple.  Of course I tried this and it's that
> particular action that makes pam_unix's account action fail access.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the beginning of this thread, so I
don't recall what OS you're using. Linux variants of pam_unix support the
"broken_shadow" option:

       broken_shadow
           Ignore errors reading shadow information for users in the
           account management module.

Which I think will do exactly what you want, if you're running Linux.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson@csupomona.edu