[nssldap] Re: Re: how disable shadow map

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 20:16 -0700, Paul B. Henson wrote:

> Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the beginning of this thread, so I
> don't recall what OS you're using. Linux variants of pam_unix support the
> "broken_shadow" option:
>
>        broken_shadow
>            Ignore errors reading shadow information for users in the
>            account management module.
>
> Which I think will do exactly what you want, if you're running Linux.

Indeed, it does and I tested that before posting.  But my distro
(Ubuntu) maintainer reports that not having shadow map entries when the
password is "x" is just broken (which given what I have read, I agree)
and I tend to think they will likely refuse to use such hacks and insist
that the breakage be fixed instead.

I'm starting to feel like I'm pissing up a rope with regard to the basic
bug here though.

b.